Wednesday, March 15, 2006

MARCH MADNESS TIME!!!!!!!!!

Okay... I've got my brackets finally filled out... How about you?

I have a couple first round toss-ups:

Georgetown vs. Northern Iowa
Seton Hall vs. Wichita State

The two “favorites’ in these games don’t impress me, especially against who they’re playing in the first round.

My 1st Round upsets:

#9 Bucknell over #8 Arkansas
#9 UAB over #8 Kentucky
#10 NC State over #7 Cal
#11 San Diego State over #6 Indiana
#12 Utah State over #5 Washington


MY SWEET 16 (* advances to Elite Eight):

*UConn beats Illinois
(UConn is too complete a team, here)
*North Carolina beats Tennessee
(Tennessee is playing waaaaaaay over their heads)

*Villanova beats Nevada!!!
(Nevada’s big man inside will knock off BC in 2nd Round)
*Florida beats Ohio State
(Florida is young, but has strong defense, while Ohio State has no perimeter shooting)

* Pitt beats Memphis
(Pitt is huge, and they have a deep bench, while Memphis is young with no perimeter shooting)
* Gonzaga beats Marquette
(by a fuzzy mustache whisker)

* Texas beats West Virginia
(Texas has big, big D; WVa is only a 2-man team that's scored above 71 pts only twice in last 15 games)
* LSU beats George Washington (or Duke beats LSU)
(LSU is young but with the best rebounding in nation, if they play GW. If Duke gets past GW in the 2nd Round, they’ll handle LSU)


My FINAL FOUR:

UConn vs Villanova
Pitt vs Duke/LSU



CHAMPIONSHIP GAME:

VILLANOVA BEATS DUKE/LSU

Remember... you heard it here first!

1 comment:

Michael Barber said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog. Please send me an email at mpsbarber@yahoo.com so we can talk via email.

You asked about my background info. Well, a lot of it is posted up in my profile section. I've been working toward a PhD in theology ever since I was about 13 when I realized this is what I wanted to do. I live in Southern California. I currently conduct bible studies, give talks, and work with the lay apostolates like the Saint Paul Center and Saint Joseph's.

Fuller has a professor in Philosophical Theology named Nancy Murphy. I don't agree with everything she has to say, but I definitely share her passion for the work of Alasdair MacIntyre. If you went there, she would probably be the best person to work with.

The school's address is: www.fuller.edu

It's not Catholic - but it's extremely ecumenical and I've had a great experience there. My girlfriend is Catholic and she is in the MA program at Fuller and loves it as well.

Hope this was helpful - keep me posted on where you go!

Michael