Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Urgent prayers needed...

A request for urgent prayers for my Dad who is currently in emergency surgery... for my girlfriend who came down with a sudden illness... and for my friend Angelo's mom who's suffering through a progressive illness.

Several other extended family members are also in need of prayers for various illnesses, past surgeries, and unemployment.

When it rains it pours.

It's times like this when you rely on God to get you thru the tough times.

God bless!!!

UPDATE: My girlfriend is doing better, but it's slow going. Regarding my Dad, he came out of surgery ok. What was thought (at worst) to be a growth in the colon near the appendix, was instead found out to be "just" an inflamed appendix. He's in recovery, but given his age (84) and his medical/surgical history is not "out of the woods." The next 5 days or so will be the determining factor.

Thank you all for the continued prayers!

3/30 UPDATE: My girlfriend is now doing much better. And so is my Dad, who has begun to improve in his recovery from surgery last week after a setback. Thanks again for the prayers!

2 comments:

Emmet Ray said...

Thanks!

TheBitterAmerican said...

Glad to hear all turned out relatively well,...