Friday, September 23, 2005

Been Busy...

Sorry for the long delay, but I've been busy with stuff. Work's been crazy. Also, two guys from my church have gone through recent tragedies. One had his 37-year-old son die suddenly in his home in the Midwest, and the other just lost his son-in-law to a long battle with brain cancer. Also, my brother-in-law just went through gall bladder removal surgery late last month. And, less than two weeks ago, his own daughter (mt niece) went through the same procedure. As you can see, it's been a bit nuts lately.

I've been meaning to post a couple movie reviews, and I hope to have them up here soon. A DVD review on "Sin City" and how its strengths and weaknesses mirror "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow", and a review of Bill Murray's new flick "Broken Flowers" (currently in theaters).

Tomorrow, I'm goin' guitar shoppin' with a fellow colleague from work. I've been around music for much of my life (stage manager, lighting operator, promotion, etc.), and I was an active lyricist/songwriter for a long period of time. I briefly took piano lessons a couple times, but never really thoroughly learned how to play an instrument. If I don't do it now, I never will.

So I'm looking for a low-end electric guitar (probably a Squier or an Epiphone), and a TASCAM CD-Trainer device. It's a combined belated-Birthday-gift / early-Christmas-gift to myself. Nothing fancy. No visions of Johnny Rockstar in my eyes. Just something for me to pluck at to my heart's content, and also to get back into non-collaborative songwriting again.

'Til next time...

No comments: