Sunday, April 30, 2006

Flying to Philly soon, and then to ......Alabamy (yeap!)

Yeap! I'm heading back to Philly for several days this month, to visit family and a bunch of old friends. From there I'll be briefly visiting the Charlotte, NC, airport on my way to......................... Birmingham, Alabama!

"Why Alabama?" you may ask.

Well, it's sort of a spiritual pilgrimage/retreat. The great and vibrant Catholic cable network, EWTN, is just outside of Birmingham (in Irondale, AL). And the Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament (the cloister/monastry where Mother Angelica - the founder of the network - resides is just north of the network in Hanceville).

Both places have pilgrimage tours of the grounds, the shrines, the network itself, plus I'll be in the audience for Fr. Mitch Pacwa's TV series, "Threshold of Hope" on the evening of May 16th. In that series, Fr. Pacwa systematically goes through the late Pope John Paul II's encyclicals. I'm hoping to also snag a ticket to get into the Wednesday evening broadcast of "EWTN Live". If not, then I'll probably spend the early part of that day in Hanceville, then head back to Birmingham to check out a museum before flying back to L.A. on the 18th.

Anywayz... for about 10 days mid-month I'll be away from internet action.

No comments: