Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Blogging break...

I'll be taking a blogging break for a couple weeks, as I'm flying back east to visit family and friends, so I will be sans internet access for the most part. I'm taking two books with me: Dale Ahlquist's "Common Sense 101: Lessons From Chesterton" (it's been patiently waiting for me to read it after I had Dale sign it for me last September), and Italo Calvino's fantastical novel "If On a Winter's Night a Traveler" (a favorite of mine, and I felt it's time for me to read it again).

I should be back to blogging towards the end of the month, posting a few more times on some more local artists. I've also been wanting to post some movie-on-DVD reviews, but haven't gotten around to typing them out. I'd recommend a nice little small-budget flick "10 Items Or Less" with Morgan Freeman and Paz Vega. It's a sweet and funny, slice-of-life/chance meeting movie that will have you laughing many times throughout the brief 82 minutes. NOTE: Foul language is a bit loose in this film, but not bad enough to detract from the nice little story and some wonderful performances.

No comments: