Thursday, March 20, 2008

MARCH MADNESS - DAY 1

I was going to post (in detail) about the latest Obamessiah mess. But I'll save that for later. On to more important things.... like... MARCH MADNESS TIME!!!

Okay... tip-off of the first game starts in under 30 minutes. Normally, I go through all the picks meticulously - schedule details, team makeup, injuries, strengths & weaknesses, etc. - but this year I just went (as best as I could) with just a brief glimpse at the match-ups. So... without further ado... here are my picks for the first round:

EAST
North Carolina
Indiana
Notre Dame
Washington State
St. Joe’s
Louisville
Butler
Tennessee

MIDWEST
Kansas
Kent State
Villanova
Vanderbilt
USC
Wisconsin
Gonzaga
Georgetown

SOUTH
Memphis
Mississippi State
Michigan State
Pitt
Marquette
Stanford
Miami
Texas

WEST
UCLA
BYU
Drake
UConn
Purdue
Georgia
West Virginia
Duke

======================

My SWEET 16 are:

North Carolina vs. Notre Dame
Louisville vs. Tennessee

Kansas vs. Villanova
Wisconsin vs. Georgetown

Memphis vs. Pittsburgh
Stanford vs. Texas

UCLA vs. Drake
Georgia vs. Duke

=========================

My FINAL FOUR will be:

North Carolina vs. Kansas
UCLA vs. winner of Memphis/Pittsburgh

If Memphis wins, this’ll be the first time that all four #1 seeds get to the Final Four.


So... what are YOUR picks???

No comments: