Thursday, September 04, 2008

Now, Can McCain Close the Deal?...

TBD after his acceptance speech tonight.

UPDATE: He did what he needed to do. He contrasted himself as a wise, humble and proven servant versus the arrogant, self-anointed empty suit. He left most of the red meat for last night. This was the after-dinner kitchen table discussion. His intent was to continue to draw in the fence-sitting moderates/centrists/independents as well as the disaffected PUMAs. The rousing ending was pitch-perfect.

I may not agree with him on some key issues, but he's reassured me of his core. Although I'm not one of those moderates/centrists, I was on the fence up until last week because I'm a strong social and fiscal conservative. His choice of Sarah Palin as his running mate, and her introduction last Friday, and especially her speech last night, basically brought me back off of the fence. I just needed to see and hear McCain present himself tonight to allay any remaining trepidation on my part.

I was NEVER going to vote for The Obamessiah.

I can now PROUDLY pull the lever for McCain/Palin.

The next two months will be very interesting and entertaining. And, with the likes of Sarah Palin, Bobby Jindal, Michael Steele, Mike Pence, John Shadegg, Jeff Flake, Tom Coburn, Jim DeMint and others, the future looks very bright.

No comments: