Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Lame attempts at being artistic #1...

FOUNTAIN OF FIRE

Okay.

So, every once in awhile I'll take my Canon PowerShot A530 point-&-shoot digital camera with me somewhere, and I'll attempt to take some artistic pictures. Some come out okay, while others end up blurry, pedestrian, or even downright lame.



LIQUID GOLD 2

Anyway, from time to time I'll post a few of the better ones. This post being the first. Just click on each pic to see a larger image.

You are certainly not required to comment (unless you feel strongly compelled to do so - either in praise or in derision).


FLAMING WATERFALL

The four pics in this post are of a fountain in downtown Ventura, across the street from the San Buenaventura Mission. Someone dumped a bottle of dish soap in it, and the bubbles were all over the place. But it gave a beautiful glow with the lights. I tried various settings on my camera, and these four came out the best.

AMBER CURTAIN 1

This last one is intended to be abstract (at least, that's what I tell myself).

1 comment:

Hawk said...

You're really getting some nice textures here, I also really like the newer post's "crossbeam" piece. You should post more photos!