Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Zell Miller stumping for Santorum!

This just in from CNN:

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Former Sen. Zell Miller, a Georgia Democrat who supported President Bush in 2004, will head a new group of Democrats supporting Pennsylvania GOP Sen. Rick Santorum's reelection bid.

"I am not involved in any other race in the country," Miller said during a radio interview Monday, according to a news release from Santorum's campaign. "I am only doing this for Rick Santorum. I believe in Rick Santorum's leadership that much."

Santorum is trailing in publichttp://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gif polls to his Democratic challenger Bob Casey, Jr.

Miller alienated his Senate Democratic colleagues two years ago when he endorsed Bush and campaigned for him in his successful reelection bid against Sen. John Kerry, D-Massachusetts. And in a fiery speech at the 2004 Republican National Convention, Miller criticized Kerry's military strategy.

"This is the man who wants to be the Commander in Chief of the U.S. Armed Forces," Miller said. "U.S. forces armed with what? Spitballs?"


(Hat Tip to PoliPundit)


I've been saying a Novena (to St. Jude) for Rick, leading up to election day. I voted for him in 1994 when I was still a Pennsylvania resident. Can't vote for him now, since I'm a Californian, but I can certainly pray for him.

No comments: