Monday, February 18, 2008

I just got tagged...

Eric over at The Daily Eudemon tagged me for a meme. (Hah! My first meme.)

The rules for this meme:

(1) Link to the person that tagged you.
(2) Post the rules of the meme on your blog.
(3) Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
(4) Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
(5) Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.

Six non-important things:

1. I have a bad habit of being in the middle of several books at the same time. I think the record is six books, all completely unrelated. Wasn't always that way. Somehow, though, I do keep track... I think.

2. I was eleven years old when I first became an uncle. That nephew is now older than I was when I moved to California thirteen years ago. (Uhhg!) I'm now a grand-uncle six times over. (Double-Uhhg!!)

3. March Madness, baby!!! College hoops playoffs! It's in my blood. I graduated from Villanova the year they won it all against the hated Hoyas of Georgetown. (GO WILDCATS!!!) Just put me on a swivel chair in a room with twenty TVs around me. Add food and water when necessary. I'll be there 'til I'm bleary-eyed and passed out from a heart attack if not from shear exhaustion. That first four-day weekend when 64 teams play 48 games to get to the Sweet Sixteen. Nothin' like it!

4. I am a virtual virtuoso and musical master of the steering wheel. Others sing in the shower. Not me. I need to be mobile, and on four wheels. I play steering wheel guitar, drums, keyboards, bass... and if I'm really in the mood, I'll crank up the music really, really loud in the car so that I can "sing" along (horribly out of key, of course).

5. I'm learning how to play a real instrument, though. Guitar. Seven months in (at age 44). It's infuriatingly good fun. Wished I had done this when I was much younger. (oh, and I am a lyricist.)

6. I am NOT a morning person. Never was. Never will be. Yet, somehow, I've been dragging myself outta bed every Wednesday morning at 6 o'clock for the past six years to get to my Men's Catholic Bible Study group.

Okay... I'm gonna tag the following peeps:

Julie over at the Happy Catholic (she's the best at this whole Catholic blogging thing)

Nancy over at the ACS blog (for all things G.K. Chesterton)

Sean over at The Blue Boar (for even more things GKC, and other things)

Dim Bulb over at the Divine Lamp (this guy is theologically deep... in other words, he ain't dim... even I need to visit his site more often... and, he was one of the first people to comment on this fledgling blog of mine.)

Catholic Lady over at Holy Boldness (the newbie on my blog row)

and the West Coast Catholic (a fellow west coaster who keeps it real)

1 comment:

DimBulb said...

Hi,

I just finished posting my meme and contacting the people I tagged. I'm guessing (from some experience)that most will not respond.