Wednesday, February 13, 2008

My sister sent me some love by mail...

She kept on promising me that she'd send me some cookies from her bakery for my birthday (it came and went sans cookies). Then she promised me that she'd send them for Christmas (it also came and went with nary a crumb). So last weekend I had our Dad tell her, "Mike said that he's absolutely enjoying all those cookies you didn't send him." (Yeah, I know... I'm so evil... but that's what little brothers are for... heh!)

So, today, a package arrives... with more cookies than I know what to do with. And it's LENT, sis!!! (Her way of getting back at me, I just know it.) The guys in the office, I'm sure, will enjoy 'em.

If you live in the Philly area, feel free to check out La Dolce Bakery in Havertown. They've been so busy since they moved from Wayne, PA, that they haven't had time to re-do their website. But I guarantee you that all those hand-made Italian baked goods will please your palate and tickle your tummy.

Now, if you'll excuse me... I've got some biscotti with my name written all over 'em.

No comments: