Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Got Meme'd Again...

Eric over at The Daily Eudemon tagged me with a meme yesterday (I could've sworn I did this meme six months ago).

The rules:

1. Link the person(s) who tagged you
2. Mention the rules on your blog
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours
4. Tag 6 fellow bloggers by linking them
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged

Since I've done this before, I'm going to do 1-thru-3, and the rest to anyone who reads this post and wants to run with it.

Okay... six "unspectacular quirks" of mine (and I'll try not to duplicate what I wrote last time):

1) I'm very particular about the music I listen to and the movies and TV shows that I watch (even though my tastes are wide ranging).

2) My favorite colors are deep azure blue or cobalt blue, sunset orange, and suntan bronze.

3) Add a stunningly cute, brown-eyed, dark-haired, 30-something, single female of Mediterranean or Latin American ancestry to that suntan bronze skin, wearing a deep azure blue bikini on the beach at sunset with the sky aflame and I am sooooooo there. Just point me the way. (Yeah, I know... I'm very particular about women, too. HAH!)

4) I have a tendency to talk to myself while I'm shopping at the store: "Now, where is that item I'm looking for? Ooo, it's on sale. What?! Out of stock? Oh, man. Hmmm... what else is there?" I'm sure people look at me strangely (also probably scaring away the women in #3).

5) I've always wanted to, at least once, fly in one of those glider airplanes.

6) My "first love" (career-wise) was in the field of Holography. It was 1979 and Pope John Paul II came to Philadelphia during his first U.S. visit. I was an usher at the outdoor mass/visit on Ben Franklin Parkway by all the museums downtown. The following day I was off from school, and the Franklin Institute had a brand new exhibit on Holography. I was hooked! I mean, seriously hooked!

I eventually wanted to do research and development in Holographic television (all these years later, and the technology is still in it's infancy). Unfortunately, calculus was the death of that dream. Although, I did get the opportunity to work at a hologram manufacturing company in Philly for two years doing product assembly. The last year there was my worst-paying job, but it was fun and interesting.

No comments: