Wednesday, August 04, 2004

"I'm King of the World!"

I'm desperately trying to find a news or blog story with a pic that caught another Kerry gaffe yesterday. I saw it on the TV news last night. John Kerry was on a boat somewhere. He went to the bow of the boat, and with a stupid grin on his face he spread out his arms a la Leonardo DiCaprio while the wind blew around his infamous head of hair.

Two points:

1) That scene in the movie "Titanic" is where DiCapro's character yells out "I'm king of the world!" (Not exactly the type of sentiment I'm looking for in a President),

2) The Titanic was a doomed ship that sunk due to it's own weight, it's poor design plans, and it's captain's reckless navigation. (Says it all, doesn't it?)


UPDATE#1: (Oh, it just gets better and better.) Apparently, the John/Johns didn't leave much of an impression with Greenberg, PA, lawyer Abby DeBlassio. The presidential wannabees, with a media horde in tow, crowded into her offices for 90 minutes to escape the pouring rain. Not only didn't they say "thank you" to her, they never even bothered to meet her. (Hat-tip to Betsy's Page)

UPDATE#2: (...and better and better...) John Kerry stated on the stump that they were about to go "find some baby backs over there at Speed Queen Bar-B-Q and a double-dip vanilla at Leon's... And if I don't get there, I'm in trouble." Problem is, he never showed up at either place! Oh, and they sell spare ribs at Speed Queen, not baby backs. (Hat-tip to Powerline)

P.S. It shouldn't be this much fun for conservatives, really!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

"2) The Titanic was a doomed ship that sunk due to it's own weight, it's poor design plans, and it's captain's reckless navigation. (Says it all, doesn't it?)"



Well, yeah but...Leo's character wasnt the captain of the boat.
Now, if it was the boat's captain who pulled the "I'm king of the world" stunt... :)

So the USA is a sinking ship cause we are heavy and of poor design? Do we at least have enough life boats?

Trubador said...

I was referring to Kerry's campaign as the sinking ship, LiLOrion. ;-)

Unknown said...

I soooo knew that. ;)

I got all flustered when I was thinking of Leo, then I started laughing imagining Kerry falling from his perch on the boat. :D