Wednesday, July 21, 2004

An Ode to Samuel "Sandy" Berger (with deepest apologies to Dr. Seuss)

"I am Sam. Sam I am."

"Did you stuff your Sandy pants?”

"I did not stuff them. I did not stuff my Sandy pants."

"Did you stuff them here or there?"

"I did not stuff them here or there. I did not stuff them anywhere. I did not stuff my Sandy pants. I did not stuff them, not a chance.”

"Did you take those secret docs? Did you stuff them in your socks?"

"I did not stuff them secret docs. I did not stuff them in my socks. I did not stuff them here or there. I did not stuff them anywhere. I did not stuff my Sandy pants. I did not stuff them. I’m not France.”

"Did you take them from the box? Are you acting like a fox?"

"I’m not a fox who took the docs from the box. No secret docs inside my socks. I did not stuff them here or there. I did not stuff them anywhere. I did not stuff my Sandy pants. I did not stuff them,” was his chant.

"Did you shred them? Did you? Did you? In the trash? Where, oh where’s that secret stash?"

"I did not, did not shred the stash of docs in socks into the trash."

"I know you have them. You will see. You may soon just have to plea."

"I will not, will not make a plea. Not in my trash! You let me be. I’m not a fox who took the docs from the box. No secret docs inside my socks. I did not stuff them here or there. I did not stuff them anywhere. I did not stuff my Sandy pants. I did not stuff them,” said the sycophant.

"You lie! You lie! You lie! You lie! How could you just flat out lie?"

"I did not lie! I will not a plea to docs in socks! You let me be. I’m not a fox who took the docs from the box. No secret docs inside my socks. I did not stuff them here or there. I did not stuff them anywhere. I did not stuff my Sandy pants. I did not stuff my Sandy pants. I did not stuff them,” he continued to rant.

"Say! In the dark? Kerry says he’s in the dark! Is he really in the dark?"

"I really kept him in the dark."

"Would you, could you, please explain?"

"I did not lie! I will not a plea to docs in socks! You let me be. I’m not a fox who took the docs from the box. No secret docs inside my socks. I did not stuff them here or there. I did not stuff them anywhere!"

"You did too stuff docs in socks! Witnesses are on the dock."

"I did not stuff them. I’m not France! My name is Sandy. See? Here’s my pants!”

"Could you, would you, be Clinton’s scapegoat?"

"I would not, could not, be his scapegoat!"

"Would you, could you, alter votes?"

"I could not, would not, alter votes by taking docs to Kerry’s dolts. I will not be Clinton’s scapegoat. I will not even try to explain this inadvertent shell of a game. I did not lie! I will not plea to docs in socks! I’m not a fox who took the docs from the box. No secret docs inside my socks. I did not stuff them here or there. I did not stuff them ANYWHERE! I did not stuff my Sandy pants! I did not stuff my Sandy pants! I did not stuff them. May I please have back my pants?”

"You did not steal them. SO you say. Liar! Liar! You will pay. Tell the truth, or you will pay, I say"

"Sam I am! If you will let me be, I will testify it wasn’t me."

"Uhh, Sandy? What’s that sticking out of your socks? Are they those missing secret docs?"

"Say! I HAVE the docs! I do! I do have those docs! I took them," said Sandy Pants! “This WILL alter votes! And I WILL be Bill’s scapegoat. And I WILL go to jail in shame for playing this political shell game. And I DID lie. I’ll have to plea to docs in socks. Oh my, oh me! I am the fox who took the docs from the box with secrets here so plain to see! You see? I did so stuff these docs in socks. I did so stuff them here and there. I stuffed them practically EVERYWHERE! I did so stuff my Sandy pants! Just let me serve my time in France!”

No comments: